Friday, December 01, 2006

Holding Out for a Hero

First off I love this song. I've been learning it on my guitar, b/c that's how sweet it is. The lyrics however I'm going to have to change the lyrics for me to sing it. Then my friend Holly was like, it could be a statment abouthe pressures facing men in Western Culture, which I almost dismissed out of hand, but here I am challenging the lyrics because I am bored, and it could be fun. So here we go foolios!

Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods?
Well, I know some good men. They're hanging out in Founders hall. My particular room number is F217. You should swing by time. As for the gods, there is only one True God!

Where’s the street-wise Hercules to fight the rising odds?
Whoa, smart and strong? Pick one. While I'm not terribly strong, I am smart. Although apprently when I'm clautrophobic enough adrenaline kicks in for me to force my way out of a mosh pit. Fancy that.

Isn’t there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Will black leather count? And I have my choice of steed if you will, and one definately falls into the category of fiery! *Sounds of tires squealing*

Late at night I toss and turn and I dream of what I need.
That is unfortunate. I recommend seeing a shrink. Or Doctor Steve.

I need a hero, I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the end of the night,
Just till the end of the night? Aww man, my cars aren't that fast. Although I would suppose that would depend on your current location. Call me.

He’s gotta be strong and he’s gotta be fast,
a) Hooray for adrenaline b)Oh, you should see my guitar skills.

He’s gotta be sure, and it’s gotta be soon,
Sure, okay. Soon, well contact me. I'll figure out something.

And he’s gotta be larger than life...
Boo yea! I got that one covered! (Get your mind out of the gutter you sickos).

Somewhere after midnight in my wildest fantasy
I'm listening...attentively no less...

Somewhere just beyond my reach there’s someone reaching back for me.
Is that so? I was uninformed.

Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
Oh yea! I'm rockin' this thing now!

It’s gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet, yeah!
That's unfortunate. Superman's not real. I'm real enough, and super enough.

...
The rest doesn't really apply until...

I can feel his approach like the fire in my blood
That's right, I ride in on Fire and Thunder. That's how I roll!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

You know Rod... in order to hear them after midnight, you are going to have to be awake yourself!

And did you call us foolios?

Furious Rodimus said...

No no, I have a cell phone. And i was up past midnight last night. I didn't get back until 1. And i may have called you foolios, b/c it ridiculous, and is not actually insulting in any sense of the word. In fact it's so uninsulting that it's insulting to insults