Thursday, December 28, 2006

Centred and Focused

Being home for an extended period of time does have some benefits, especially when that time is quiet and free to be spent as one sees fit. The healthy supply of food doesn't hurt either.

I find my soul is rather tranquil here at home, without the hustle and buslte and distraction of a dormitory. It's very...Jedi like for want of a cooler term. I find myself able to focus on music and reading without my emotions getting the better of me. A few songs and things till hit home, but they don't throw me as badly as they could. to be driven by wanting to play my music well instead of trying to take out my frustrations or anything like that.

I'm not troubled by the things that may or may not be, or the fact that the road of life is openingup to grand new vistas. these do not faze me. they will be dealt with at the appropriate time and not before.

My musical selection has been very mellow as of late, shifting away from the aggresive thrash and melodic death metal that propelled me through the semester onto power ballads (of varying quality) and lighter fare, grasciously provided to me on the CD 'Rod's Radical Rhythms', and even the crooning of Roy Orbison. Yes, this a place of peace. Even when I play my own aggressive fare it is with a cool detachment, and attention to detail that has been lacking as of late.

Of course " life is a map and is quite confusing" , but everyone's life is like that, and mine is no different. I hope the serenity and rest I'm finding here will help me with the coming semester.

May the Peace that surpasses all understanding
Be with you all

3 comments:

Heather said...

I hope you have a great semester - you will fly through it, I am sure. Happpy New Year!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sure sounds better than my time at home. Horrible bus ride, 11pm till 9am. Couldn't sleep on the bus. Got home tired, spent every night up till 6am for no reason. Went home with the same bus trip. Man I've never been more zombie like in my life. I mean Scott's dad still has my shoes after that, but that's a different story