Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Growing On Like Mold and Massive Amounts of Confusion

The Growing of Mold
Alright, I've owned the album Sacrament by Lamb of God since...July? I bought it shortly after I saw them live in Toon Town. And you know what it did nothing for me. Zip. Zero. Nada. There was nothing there for me. I didn't want to get rid of it but I had it relegated basically to the backburner of my collection, and I expected it to collect dust for the foreseeable future. I didn't hate it, I just didn't like it in that special way that new albums typically take with me. In my mind bands like Dark Age and Children of Bodom were doing it faster and cleaner and more to my liking.
Time went on. I tried giving it the pity spins in my CD player just for kicks, but still nothing. I knew intellectually that this was an album I should like: it had the makings of a 'Rod' album: the fast guitars, the ferocious lyrics, the intense mid-pitch screams, but still nothing. I was perturbed. I had invested 20 bucks on this CD, I wanted my return dammit!
So a couple days ago Eric and I were in 'Lets watch DVDs that talk about bands and their lives/recording process' mode so we ended up watching the Lamb of God one, because in my infinite wisdom I bought the collector's edition. And it was like listening to it with new ears. I heard the guitar work that I knew was there. I felt the emotion of the lyrics and the vocals, and the pounding of the drums. It was ridiculous. Now, I actually like the album. In short, sometimes things grow on you, and it's awesome.

Massive Amounts of Confusion
Let's turn things over to the boys at Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field, Glen Sui...err Eric Moffett and Rod Parker
Moffett: What the HELL is going on down there? The Riders defence looks...stunned
Parker: Indeed they do. They seem to be holding their own despite the fact that they HAVE NO IDEA what is going on.
Moffett: It doesn't hurt that the opposition have Randy Moss playing. And by playing I mean dropping balls all over the damn field. Those receivers are morons, I mean what do they get paid for?
Parker: Well that's good new for the Riders D because they're coverage well good, has been far from stellar. But at least it's been more solid that the Riders offence.
Moffett: I know. The Riders O has a bunch of retards out there. They had one good play on 3rd and 15, but they struggled mightily after that, and ended up getting rejected in the red zone. I don't know why they pay those receivers? Like come on boys, come on. Not even a field goal. That whole team should be cut.
Parker: They really iso'ed in on a receiver early on and it hurt production in what was looking to be a promising 4th quarter.
Moffett: This seems to be a problem with the Riders in general: Abandoning the running game in the fourth, and trying to take to the air which never turns out for them. I don't even know why the come out in the 4th quarter. My grandma plays better 4th quarter ball than these pussies.
Parker: Well there's still 7 minutes left in the 4th. Any suggesstions for this struggling Riders team?
Moffett: Yes. Don't drop the ball! Keep the defence in a position to make a huge play, go for the forced fumble or the interception and take that to the house. And for the love all things holy, don't committ turnovers, and run the ball! And keep it out of the hands of the morons.

No comments: