Saturday, November 25, 2006

Spark of the Forge III

So it's been a crazy week, well not totally crazy but kind of. Here's what I've learned.

1. When you lose your voice and are not able to sing, there seems to be an inordinate amount of singing going on around you, and it can become quite frustrating not being able to join in. At least I had someone who is basically awesome to keep from doing anything dumb like singing and therefore making my own predicament even worse. But I totally wanted to sing out Fly at the top of my lungs. I will when I get healthy.

2. The new Megadeth demo song 'Gears of War' fills me with glee. It's a little slower but that riff is crushing. And by crushing I don't mean like a girl crushing on a guy, I mean a batallion of tanks and monster trucks that can transform into giant robots crushing the skulls of the hundredfold swinging the judgement hammer, in a cacophonic symphonic epic of devastation. It's awesome. I want, nay, I NEED that new album.

3. Epic of Devastation would make a cool band name.

4. The girls I take to church make me happy. They're so cute when the kids come up. And I then I look at the gals thinking they're so cute. Somewhere in the church there is probably someone watching me going 'Aww, he's so cute.' It's probably God looking down from on high thinking that, and 'Sure, I made him look tough, but inside he's a sweetheart.'

5. Not having a voice can make rehearsing a pain in the buttocks. At least, typically my guitar gets to talk for me.

6. I should probably get around to naming my guitar. Something feminine yet strong. Like Darksyde. or Dark Lightning. Black Lightning? Mistress of Chaos? V of Misery? Rhombus of Terror! Now I'm just being silly.

7. Red vs. Blue and Dane Cook leave me in stitches. They make me smile. Not safe for work or more polite company but high-larious all the same. Thanks for that disc Holly. It is awesome to the max.

8. School's almost done for the semester. Only one more semester to go, and I'll be graduated. Woot!

9. When your friend tells you he's gotten engaged, you should probably remember something like that. Congratulations Vince, you sly dog! Take that matty, I stole your saying. Seriously though, I was missing the lynch pin. I had all the piping laid out, somehow missed the lynch pin. Maybe no more important conversations after 11pm.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

How come it can't be a guy crushing on a girl?! Why must it always be the girl crushing on the guy . . . you make us sound so weak!
Oh, and by the way . . . just cause i beat you at poker does NOT make me a b!tch . . . thank you very much :)
(I'm not going to let you live that one down for a while . . . and I am sorry you didn't get your day off today)

Vinny said...

Rod, you make me laugh!

Furious Rodimus said...

I dunno, I think I let the girl crush on the guy b/c I don't want to tip my hand as it were.

And I am sorry about that. It slipped. As for my day off..meh it turned out all right anyway actually.

And i'm glad I can amue all of you awesome and wonderful people

KungfoSteve said...

Guys can't "crush" on girls its unmanly. It would ruin our reputation as the supreme leaders of the sexes and if we arent supreme leaders of the sexes then we couldnt carry guns and shoot things or drive loud cars.

btw J/K ing