Monday, May 01, 2006

Week 1 At Home: The Boredom Chronicles

So after a longish drive home I arrived at home, where I vegetated for a few days, and then went out of town to begin the annual Job Hunt. Early results are not encouragiing, but apparently I have a few more connections than inittially anticipated so hopefully those will pay off. And there are the local options which I will begin pursuing tomorrow once my pursuit clothes are ready for action again.

On the plus side I picked up a new CD. I got the soundtrack to 'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey' This is a good, long CD action packed with Metal goodness, past and present. My fav tracks so far are Summertime Blues by Blue Cheer. This song is so old-school. Like late 60s old-school. And I love the lyrics, so very, very appropriate. Another one I'm enjoying is Blood Lust by Venom, b/c everyone enjoys songs about vampires. Lots of variety in styles on this disc for sure.

Everyone should go check out www.myspace.com/darkage404 for the German Metallers known as Dark Age. Check out the wicked cool songs 'Dare to Collapse', 'Zero' and 'Suicide Crew' Really cool guitar hooks, and awesome lyrics on those songs.

Other than that have a cool time and stay Metal!

No comments: