Monday, May 29, 2006

Feeling Philosophical

We live in a hostile world these days. Not necessarily hostile to our physical well-being. but that depends on your global location. I find myself these days yearning for adventure. Maybe it's because i recently joined the workforce and became a corporate mercenary, selling my soul to the highest bidder. It's pathetic. I know that isn't where my place is, but I also know that for now I must endure. However, if I were to die today, I would certainly have regrets about it. I long for solitude and the open road. That I could criss-cross the land for even a month, relying on my car and myself. But that is not to be for the time being. I find routine dreadfully boring, even though during the school year it becomes somewhat of a necesscity. But to take my closest companions and journey seems so beautiful. I know I'm being idealisitic, but that is how I am.

I'm not meant to be domestic, or tamed...not yet at any rate. I would like to go, and find peace somewhere. Silence, and Solitude would be fantastic. This world, this greed-driven world is hostile. Hostile to our souls. Hostile to the driving force, whatever you believe that to be, it threatens to crush us, and make us just another number, make us work for just another pay slip. It's sad, but we all do it. I'm not saying we should go commie,but maybe that it's time for each of to re-evaluate what it is we want out of life. Sure we all want to be secure, but how secure do we need to be?

It only takes a single voice to start a revolution.

No comments: