Monday, May 22, 2006

The Secrets of the Heart

The secrets of the heart, lie within the deepest dark of night. Where the light has no dominion, that is where what we truly are hides. Although we show to the world some of those secrets, much of what is known is merely the surface of knowledge, only the surface of understanding. The torrents and storms which lie beneath, that is where the struggle is. Our daily combat swirls within here. If there is a war to be fought, it is to be fought within first. Only then can we escape our inner darkness and come into the light of those around us. To view the outer layer will not bring understanding. How can you understand the depth, by only knowing the surface? It is cruel that all we ever know of one another is merely that surface, and we fail to contemplate that which exists below the seeming randomness of action and word. If we fail to look within and see what truly lies there we will exist at this surface state forever, and never know another human being with any degree of depth.

"I was born to fight in a daily combat
But I found my way to a better day
All that you give will be all that you get
This time it is too late for regret "
Daily Combat by Dark Age

"Cause if you see me weak
You should know me strong
If you think I'm weak
You should know this song
You think that I am weak?
You should know me..."
Know Me Strong by Dark Age

No comments: