Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Winds of Change

Out of the ashes of my youth
I rise a man
~ Out of the Ashes by Symphony X

Two months to go. The changes I knew were coming are finally here. I'm not single anymore, and my path of next year is clear now. For the first time ever I am being asked to be man, and I feel like I can handle it. My faith has grown this year like I had never known it would.

Where there once was weakness there is strength to be had, to be made, to be re-awakened. Am I scared? Of course. But there's a difference this time. I'm not alone, and I know it. The future that I have laying itself before me is huge. It's much bigger than I had envisioned. But I am much bigger and stronger than ever, and I will grow into this future. I cannot take all of its joy or sorrow yet. I am not ready for it. But I am ready to journey along it, growing as I go.

The flag I once planted as a king I abandoned
And now I reclaim this banner by God, my sword and my name
In a truce sealed by blood within this metal skin and all that I own
Blood, bone, and courage in my veins and the heart that pumps it

Drink from the chalice and be reborn
And the land with me, it will change and transform
~ My Kingdom by Megadeth

Everytime I talk with the men that will be going into seminary with me or after me, I can feel the winds of change blowing. Something big is coming. Something good will be shaped by those of us who dare to take up this office. We are the the crashing wave. You can tell that we are a new breed of leaders and servants. As long as we give the glory where it belongs our paths will be blessed. Not to say it willl be easy, but it will be blessed. Rise up men. Our training awaits.

And to those women that will stand by our sides. Always know that you are appreciated, and loved. We come to offer you our strength. And believe me, I'm glad that you will be travelling along with me.

I heard the voice of redemption
For me there is no exemption
I started praying
~I'll Be There by Megadeth

No comments: