Monday, October 30, 2006

Happiness is Good

Wow, crap. I can't say this past little bit has been anything short of mystifying. I mean really, just mystifying. There's so much going on that I never expected, good and bad.

The good though:
Ballroom Dance Lessons. It's always nice to see that old rhythm guitar influence coming out in an arena where girls actually see the benefits of it (surprisingly most don't understand thrash metal.What is up with that? Come on ladies! Seriously! That's like sexxing rhythm to the max at 3000 miles per hour. Rattlehead!). I can waltz, swing and rumba like nobody's business (well not quite).

Marcus. Always good to see members of the old crew doing well. Apparently I'm the last member of the crew without a significant other. However, I am the one with bitchin' guitar and the sweetass car. We'll call it a draw. At any rate, always good to see a buddy and putz around and shoot the breeze for a couple hours.

Sunday Night Praise: At a 1:1 band to congregation (?) ratio things can be interesting, but it was awesome to set aside the axe and take up the vox for awhile though. *Sigh* I remember why I loved Concert Choir, Vocal Jazz, and Chalice so much.

The Riders. Into the playoffs for 5 years straight! How sweet is that? 30 more to go and we'll catch the Eskischmoes.

My last birthday present. A wicked cool Optimus Prime t-shirt from my Aunt, Uncles and cousins back in Saskatchewan. "Megatron must be stopped. No matter the cost."

Cookies. From Grandma & Grandpa. These are the life savers of every college student, and my life in particular. So good.

Steak. Particularily when cooked by Vince. Holy crap. Best meal in a long, long LONG time. Steak it tr00 m3thul!

Friends: The people, not the show. Thank God for my friends, or this would the most miserable exitance EVAR! Eric we need to rock out and come up with sweet new chapel tunes (complete with lead fill solo). We can do it!

Thank you Detroit. Goodnight, We Love You!

P.S. I will give you hand with your blogging questions Ash.

P.P.S. Blind Guardian in Motherf**king TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!! VALHALLA!!!!

3 comments:

Furious Rodimus said...

Hey, hey.

I felt it was a good thing to remind myself that not everything is absolutely miserable, and that are good things to look forward to.

We're going to have to find an excuse to take our sweet ballroom dance moves out into the wild world. And I totally want to learn tango. So sexay!

Lauren said...

So are you saying that a nice car and guitar are equal to a girl?! ouch Rod . . . :( Just cause you can't turn us off when ever you want to doesn't me we are worth the same as your toys!

Furious Rodimus said...

Ash: we'll totally tear up the dance floor with our killer moves. If we could figure out how to improvise some dance moves to spice things up a little.

Lauren: I can turn women off like my toys. It's called Heavy Metal. Turns 'em off everytime. *Dun dun chh!*