Sunday, January 29, 2006

Latest Acquisitions

Well, I finally got off my lazy buttocks to go buy some things with the money my grandparents were so generous to give me.

1. The fifth and sixth books of the Dark Tower Series. Good, but kind of disappointing set against the sheer greatness that was the first four, and the the seventh seems to be making up for it. Hile Roland! Hile, Gunslinger!

2. A monster truck book full of pics. Enough said.

3. Stephan King's 'The Eyes of the Dragon' novel. I'll let you know how this one is after I finish barrelling through the Dark Tower series.

4. Gamma Ray's 'A Blast From the Past'. This has proven to be a very good compilation of a very good traditional heavy metal band. Kai Hansen is very quickly working his way up my list of favourite guitar players/vocalists. "We're the last before the storm!"

5. Mastodon's 'Leviathan'. Wow. Heavy stuff man, but all the lyrics are based on Moby Dick so that's pretty sweet. Who says metal heads are uncultured?

2 comments:

neal said...

eye of the dragon was a good book, but not on of kings best...

It's written in a very childish way (which I suppose fits in with the character... but I do remember it feeling very childish when I read it at 13)

Furious Rodimus said...

Haha, good to know. I guess it was written for his daughter originally, so that probably has something to do with it.