Friday, August 11, 2006

Spark of The Forge

Random Musings now has a new name!

1. It has been hot and humid here the last cpl days. I think the humidex was at 41 yesterday, which is clearly too hot.

2. Only a few more weeks before I head back west again. I'm pretty pumped. I have a good feeling about this year.

3. Weird dreams are disturbing. Eek!

4. Still rockin out on the guitar a month and a half after purchase. Still logging about 30-45 mins a day before or after work. I think I'm addicted to DV-200. And that's fine by me. It's cheaper than drugs.

5. There better be some good metal shows in Edmonton to make up for a lack of Gigantour, and for Joel and I to launch our ingenious plot...well not really a plot, more of a ploy than anything.

6. Blind Guardian. That is all.

7. Relationships are for people who don't own guitars.

8. Manowar is too metal for sex and clothing.

9. Roughriders! What is up? loss-win-loss etc. Lame! So lame! Lamer than Big & Rich! (and that's hard to accomplish)

10. Notice to the guitar player from Big & Rich. Country players aren't allowed to use Flying-Vs. That's Metals guitar shape. NOW GIVE IT BACK! You don't want to deepen the Blood Feud b/w Country and Metal any further do you? That's what I thought, now go play a Gibson Strat, those are *high quality* guitars as of late.

11. People in Saskatchewan are some of the biggest band-wagon jumpers in the world. I highly doubt that if the province was as deeply enamoured with the Rolling Stones as they suddenly claim to be, that they would have been passed over for, how many decades now? If you were truly the hardcore fans you claim to be, you would have found a way to go see them SOMEWHERE ELSE! What a novel concept. It's not like they haven't been around for a few decades now, I'm sure you could have had time to save money for a Rolling Stones concert at some point, and made a vacation out of it. Nice try though, with your complaining. And no, i don't feel bad for the people who didn't get tickets. You've probably been a Rolling Stones fan since the concert was announced and not a second more. [/rant]

6 comments:

Astley said...

Alberta's pretty good at the band-wagon jumping too. I mean, look at the way we cheered on the oilers this year! Have we ever been this enthusiastic previous to playoffs? NO!

Furious Rodimus said...

True enough, true enough. That was an interesting change of mindset for sure.

Lauren said...

Um, i'm just curious . . . what about those people who have neither a relationship nor a guitar . . .?

Furious Rodimus said...

Then they are truly sad, or are working on obtaining either one or the other

Astley said...

Yeah...but wouldn't working on getting a relationship constitute you as desparate? I think I'll opt for the guitar then...oh wait! I already have one...giggle!

Furious Rodimus said...

It depends on how you 'work on; obtaining one I guess...I dunno i have two guitars, what do I care?