Friday, December 16, 2005

Attention!

This is Furious Rodimus with an all-point bulletin alert, so shake up, wake up and heed the call! Inside sources of the female community have come forward with some shocking revelations about a little phrase that occurs once in a while: "We seem to have a lot in common" and variations thereof are no longer safe, I repeat do not use this phrase because it does not mean what we think it means!

Apparently this pharse does not mean "Based on a cursory evaluation of the data that I have collected while spending time with you we seem to have several points of intersection in terms of our personalities, interests, and past experiences." This is what I mean when I say things like "We have a lot in common" An even more sinister usage that I am guilty of using is the aforementioned meaning combined with "Therefore I feel it is sensible that we continue being friends." or "No wonder we get along so well." Truly diabolical. I know.

Alas, this is clearly not the case. My inside source indicates that the meaning of "We have a lot in common" heard by women is more along the lines of "We have a lot in common, therefore we should attempt procreation to the end of spreading our ideologies throughout the land." No wonder girls get a little evasive when I say things like "We seem to have a lot in common" when what they are hearing is things about commitment and procreation.

Oh by the way if a girl says "We have a lot in common" take it at face value. It's just safer that way.

Many Bothans died, and I have been heartily embarrassed, to bring us this information. Make use of it!

Furious Rodimus Out.

1 comment:

Nav said...

lol